Dragonborn are a race of wandering mercenaries, soldiers, and adventurers. Long ago they established the Empire of Arkosia, but that empire was destroyed during a world spanning conflict with the Tiefling empire of Bael Turath. Now the live in clans of honorable warriors scattered throughout the known world.
A dragonborn's honor is the most important factor in his life. Even bitter enemies must be treated with courtesy and respect. Although they do admire caution and discretion as virtues that help a warrior survive, cowerdice and fear are considered moral failings and diseases. A dragonborn will never break his word and any commitment will be completed to the letter.
- +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, -2 Dexterity: Dragonborn are strong and regal but they are somewhat clumsy.
- Medium: Dragonborn are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Normal Speed: Dragonborn have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Battle Tested: Dragonborn gain a +1 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense.
- Breath Weapon: At creation choose one of the following energy types: acid, cold, electricity, or fire. Then pick either a 15 foot cone or a 20 foot line. Three times per day as a standard action the dragonborn can make a supernatural breath weapon attack that deals 1d6 points of the chosen type of damage to all creatures in the affected area. All creatures in the area must make a Reflex saving throw equal to 10 + ½ the dragonborn's character level + the dragonborn's Constitution modifier. Those who succeed on the saving throw take no damage from the attack.
- Educated: Dragonborn gain a +2 racial bonus to Knowledge (history) skill checks
- Intimidating: Dragonborn gain a +2 racial bonus to Intimidation skill checks.
- Languages: Dragonborn begin play speaking Common and Draconic. Dragonborn with high Intelligence scores can chose from the following: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, and Orc.