Eladrin, sometimes refered to as High Elves, are distant cousins of the elven people. When the ancestors of the elves left the Feywild to come to our world and guard against a resurgance of the drow the eladrin were the ones who stayed behind. However, the veil between this world and the Feywild is thin in some places and on occassion things slip through.
Among the eladrin it is no big thing to travel between their world and ours in places where the walls break down. In some places entire eladrin cities spend part of their time among the fey and part of their time among the people of this world. Some eladrin have even chosen to spend their entire lives among the people of our world. Other eladrin have a darker attitude however, viewing any non-eladrin, including elves, as inferior beings. However, most eladrin, like most people in general fall somewhere in between the extremes of xenophobia and xenophilia and simply look to make a life for themselves and their families.
Eladrin Racial TraitsEdit
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution: Eladrin are both quick in body and in mind, but they are physically weaker than other races.
- Medium Size: Eladrin are Medium creature and have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Normal Speed: Base speed for an Eladrin is 30 ft.
- Low-Light Vision: Eladrin can see twice as far in poor lighting than a human.
- Educated: Eladrin gain a +2 racial skill bonus to Knowledge (Arcana) and Knowledge (History) skill checks.
- Fey Mind: Eladrin gain a +2 racial bonus to Will saving throws.
- Fey Step: Eladrin can use Dimension Door twice per day as a spell-like ability.
- Weapon Familiarity: Eladrin are proficient with longbows and longswords.
- Languages: Eladrin begin play speaking Common and Elven. Eladrin with high Intelligence Scores can choose from the following: Aklo, Draconic, Giant, Gnome, Orc, Sylvan