They are considered fearless; sometimes they take risks to the point of being foolhardy. They are also extremely curious and they constantly push to see what is beyond the next hill, across the river, and so forth. They have a deep respect for nature and are a very spiritual people. They have great respect for the gods, but they have very little use for organized religion. Among their tribes they are more likely to seek guidance from a druid then from a cleric.
- +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity: Goliath are strong and in tune with the natural world, but are not very agile.
- Medium : Goliaths are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penlties because of their size.
- Normal Speed: Base speed for a goliath is 30 ft.
- Mountain-born: Goliaths gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks to cross narrow ledges
- Mountaineer: Goliaths are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.
- Natural Armor: Goliaths gain a +1 natural armor bonus to the Armor Class.
- Stonecunning: Goliaths receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps or hidden doors in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within ten feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking for them.
- Weapon Familiarity: Goliaths are proficient with picks and axes.
- Languages: Goliaths begin play speaking Common and Giant. Goliaths with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Orc, and Terran.