During the last days of the war against Arkhosia, the teifling of Bael Turoth began an experement to breed a new form of shock trooper. Using diabolic magic they combined the brute strength of ogres with the cunning and relative intelligence of orcs and created a new breed. These "half ogres" were intended to be the turning point of the war. Instead they turned out to be a failure from the teifling standpoint.
Although they were as strong and cunning as the Turothi had hoped, they also possessed a fierce streak of independence that made them unsuited for a life of soldiers or slaves.The turothi were about to destroy the ones that they had created when the outpost they were kept at was attacked and the original half ogres managed to escape. They quickly adapted to a life in the wilderness, becoming a race of small bands of wandering nomads. Unlike their progenators they are neither savage or war-like; they wish only to be left alone. They also possess an honorable streak and anyone who aids a half ogre has gained a friend for life.
Half Ogre Racial TraitsEdit
- +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma; Half-ogres have the power, strong will, and spiritual insight of their progenators, but prefer to spend their time in solitary contemplation.
- Medium Size: Half-ogres have no special penalties or bonuses due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Base speed for a half-ogre is 30 ft.
- Low-light Vision: Half-ogres can see twice as far in pdim light as a human can.
- Mixed Blood: Half-ogres count as both an ogre and an orc for the purpses of effects related to race.
- Powerful Build: Becuase of their ancestry, half-ogres function in many ways as if they were one size catagory larger. They gain a +1 bonus to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense. They also count as Large creatures when determining whether special attacks, such as Improved Grab or Swallow Whole, can effect thim. However, they cannot use weapons for designed for Large creatures, as they find them awkward and unweildy to use.
- Tough Skin: Half-ogres get a +1 racial bonus to Armor Class.
- Languages: Half-ogres begin play speaking Common and Orc, Half-ogres with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, and Infernal