HamadryadEditHamadryad are dryad that have undergone unimaginable loss and yet emerged stronger for it. Born when a dryad's tree is cut down, but the dryad itself survives, a hamadryad is both weaker and stronger than she was in her former state. Although she loses much of her fey born power she also is no longer tied to the woods of her birth.
Hamadryad become avengers of the natural world. They travel the realms of nature of of man with equal ease, often as druids or rangers. Some hamadryad even seek out the power of arcane magic, although most that travel that path find it when the magic in their soul awakens as sorcerous power; few hamadryad have the patience required to become a wizard. Hamadryad clerics almost universally worship Melora or Avandra, although a few become clerics of Sehanine.
Hamadryad Racial TraitsEdit
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength; hamadryad are observant and healthy but physically weaker than other races.
- Medium: Hamadryad are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Base speed for a hamadryad is 30 feet.
- Low-light Vision: Hamadryad can see twice as far as a human in dim light.
- Oak's Resiliance: Hamadryad gain a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities and +1 bonus to armor class.
- Nymph's Charm (Su): Hamadryad can use Charm Person once per day as a spell-like ability.
- Skill Bonus: Hamadryad gain a +2 racial bonus to Knowledge (Nature) skill checks.
- Languages: Hamadryad begin play speaking Common and Sylvan. Characters with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Auran, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Orc, and Terran.