Pegataur are distant relatives of centaurs that have the lower body of a pegasus and the upper body of an elf. They are much smaller than ordinary centaurs; in fact the upper torso is much more on par with a halfling in size then it is with an elf. They generally have white or black lower bodies and blonde or silver hair. Almost every known pegataur has blue eyes.
Pegataur rarely interact with other people. Instead they live in isolated mountain communities where they can live in peace. Pegataurs who do become adventurers are usually outcasts, scholars, or the last survivor of their village.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Pegataur are quick and charming, but they have a frail frame that is easily injured.
- Medium: Pegataur are medium sized creatures and have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Fast Speed: Base speed for a pegataur is 40 feet. They can also fly at a speed of 60 feet (poor).
- Monstrous Humanoid: Pegataur are considered monstrous humanoids and are immune to spells like Charm Person that only effect humanods.
- Low-light Vision: Pegataur can see twice as far as humans in poor lighting conditions.
- Pegataur Immunities: Pegataur are immune to magic sleep effects. They gain a +2 racial bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects.
- Undersized Weapons: Although pegataur are medium size creatures, their upper torsos are the size of a small humanoid. As a result they wield weapons as if they were one size smaller than their actual size.
- Languages: Pegataur begin play speaking Common and Elven. Pegataur with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Auran, Celestal, Draconic, Giant, Gnome, Orc, and Sylvan.