PixiesEditAn enchanted race born of raw fey magic, pixies are the diminutive fairy folk of the Feywild. Under the direction of the Court of Stars, they etch the patterns of frost on the winter ponds and rouse the buds in springtime. They cause flowers to grow and sparkle with summer dew, and they color the leaves with the blazing hues of autumn. Some believe that the pixies stole the secret of honey from the mead goblet of the Summer Queen, then sold it to the bees. It is said that they taught the birds to fly and to sing. These childlike sprites have a penchant for mischievous fun, and there is no game a pixie will not play, no sport it will not attempt, and no revelry it will avoid or decline.
Legends of the mortal realm say that because the Feywild is the bright reflection of the world, pixies are a reflection of humanity. As the bards tell it, whenever a human child is born, a pixie also comes into existence. The personalities of the two races are indistinguishable during the first few years of life. However, human adolescents cast off their childhood ways, while pixies retain them forever. Sometimes pixies feel compassion for mortals who retain a degree of childhood innocence. They often watch over such humans, secretly aiding their "flawed" reflections with magic when they fall on ill circumstances.
In the world, pixies were once as prevalent as they were in the Feywild. However, during the years that mortals have ruled, they have diminished and gone into decline. As humanoid civilizations began to flourish, they encroached on the pixies' homelands, pushing the fairy folk back into the Feywild and into the dark unknown beyond civilization.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution; Pixies are fast and friendly but are frail compared to other races.
- Tiny: Pixies are tiny creatures and receive a +2 bonus to dexterity and a -2 penalty to Strength. They receive a +2 size bonus to Armor Class and attack roles. They take a -2 penalty to combat maneuver rolls and to their Combat Maneuver Defense and a +8 size bonus to Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Pixies have a base speed of 20 feet. They can fly 30 feet (clumsy), but have a maximum altitude of 10 feet.
- Low-light Vision: Pixies can see twice as far as humans in poor lighting conditions.
- Spell-like Ability: Pixies can use Reduce Person once per day as a spell-like ability.
- Wee Warrior: Pixies threaten surrounding squares as if they were one size category larger.
- Languages: Pixies begin play speaking Common and Sylvan. Pixies with high Intelligence scpres can choose from the following: Elven, Giant, Goblin, Gnome, Halfling.